Wednesday, April 8, 2009

How many of you folks like spicy food?

I am at the wuss end of the heat meter, but I do know how to make food spicy hot for others to enjoy. I have been developing seasonings for a long time, and have settled upon a certain mixture of spices and peppers, including the Ghost Pepper, (aka Bhut Jolokia - pronounced buhoot joelowkeeaa), the world's #1 hottest pepper. There are some interesting stories developing about close encounters with this pepper.

Are there any ranch dressing fans?

I made a discovery about ranch dressing, and will share it with you. I've developed the taste for dipping French fries in ranch dressing. I've tried ranch dressing at Jacques', (Jack In the Box), Wendy's, Mickey D's, (MacDonald's) and Burger King, to name just a few. I believe that Burger King serves the best tasting ranch dressing.

2 comments:

  1. Dipping french fries in ranch was a common occurrence when my friends and I would visit Lyon's Restaurant in RP back in the day. Also, a JT Huntziger introduced me to dill pickles in ranch, which was tasty at the time, but not so tasty the last time I tried the combo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm…

    Ranch dressing and dill pickles, eh?

    Well I suppose that does make sense, sort of, if you consider that many people use ranch dressing with a variety of raw vegetables; such as carrots, celery, bell peppers, spicy peppers, cauliflower, broccoli, etc.

    However, I believe that ranch dressing would go best with a “New York Snapper.”

    That is a very crisp dill pickle.

    I believe that Vlasic and Claussen, (Claussen being the better of the two), dill pickles come closest to being a snapper.

    In 2006, there was a dill pickle poll, and Claussen came out on top. http://www.boston.com/ae/food/articles/2006/07/26/the_briny_depths/

    To add to the mystery of food, such as fried green tomatoes, there also is, battered and fried dill pickles. Now THOSE with creamy ranch dressing just might be the bees knees.

    ReplyDelete