Saturday, April 18, 2009

Chocolate Cream Pie

It is no secret that I like chocolate cream pie; and, lemon cream pie, and blueberry pie, and apple pie. Of course, the apple would have to have a side of Tillamook® French Vanilla ice cream, OR, a slice of Tillamook® extra sharp white cheddar cheese...

A few days ago, I made a chocolate cream pie, using Jell-O® dark fudge chocolate pudding mix, the type you must cook. From past experience I know that one should not add things to the recipe, because adding things to the pudding mix interferes with how the cooked pudding ‘sets’ in the pie crust.

However, I decided to tinker with the recipe a bit. Instead of using the recommended amount of milk, I used an eighth of a cup less, and I used half–and–half instead of milk. When the pudding ‘set’ into the pie crust – a pre-made Oreo® crumb pie crust – the result was a thicker pie filling.

By the way, the Oreo® pie crust takes chocolate cream pie to a new level of wonderful, especially when served with Reddi-wip®, extra creamy whipped cream, of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment