Monday, May 11, 2009

The Weather

In the State of Washington, there is a saying: “If you don’t like the weather, wait 15 minutes, because it’ll change.”

The last several years, the arthritis in my knees has been my main weather forecaster, and it is possible that is due to barometric and temperature changes. Regardless, my knees have become a very reliable weather predictor.

So, I am wondering how much these TV ‘meteorologists’ earn in salary.

For one third of what they earn to guess the weather, the TV station could just show a camera shot of my bare knees, while I tell people exactly what the weather would be doing. It would free up more time for other news or commercials.

A knee report, if you will. The only trouble is, seeing my bare knees might frighten TV viewers. Plus, I do not have a permit to show that much white skin in public. Maybe that is not a very good idea.

However, I did get a good idea in an email from DL in Salinas, CA.

Whenever it is raining, or the roads are wet, icy, etc., DO NOT use your “cruise control.”

If your vehicle starts to skid or slide, due to the wet or icy surface, the cruise control could cause you to lose control of your vehicle. If the cruise control is ‘on’ it does not know the road is wet or icy, and will still continue powering your drive train and wheels. Here is a link to more information about this: http://www.snopes.com/autos/techno/wetroad.asp

So, let's be safe and only use cruise control when driving on dry roads.

No comments:

Post a Comment