Friday, January 1, 2010

2010 - AN OPPORTUNITY

Well, 2010 arrived. It is something that in 1960 seemed so far away, so distant in terms of reality. When one graduates from high school, there are certain aspirations, certain dreams for the future.

50 years ago, I was not sure that I would live this long, or that I would have the experiences that I have had. There have been many experiences. Some have been interesting, some have been happy and some have been sad, but all of them have been educational.

I often wonder exactly how many people meet their goals in life. Being a millionaire by the time of age 30 is one that, more than likely, a lot of people share, but very, very few succeed with that goal. I know that I did not.

My main goal in life was to learn and experience things, and to try to help others. I still am doing those.

So, while some people believe that a new year is just the start of another year, we must also consider it as the beginning of a new decade – an opportunity. It is a chance at a fresh start, especially for stalled projects or derailed goals. What can you do in the next year to 10 years that will help make a difference to you and to others?

With a computer in almost every household in the United States, there is the chance to stay connected, to learn, and to stay informed. I know people who only check their email every 90 days; and, there are some who check their email several times each day. I am one of the latter, because I make an effort to stay informed.

There is a difference between a new year resolution, and setting new goals, with a blueprint or plan on how to achieve those goals. For me, I realize that I need to bring my weight under control, and I will start that on January 4. Also, there is the long delayed spices, and writing projects.

None of us have to look too far to find things that need fixing or doing. So, the appearance of 2010 is the ticket for change – an opportunity. It will be the opportunity to learn, to experience, and to help others.

After all, “We cannot hold a torch to light the path for another, without brightening our own. Happiness is a journey, not a destination.” Quotes by Ben Sweetland.

No comments:

Post a Comment